What is Panchakarma treatment?
Panchakarma treatment is a set of five treatment procedures followed in Ayurveda in Ayurvedic treatments. They are –
1. Vamana – (Emesis therapy)
2. Virechana – (Purgation therapy)
3 & 4. Basti – (two types of rectal enema)
5. Nasya (Nasal drops)
Can anyone have Panchakarma treatment?
Except a few categories of people like too elderly people, children, pregnant woman etc, anyone can have Panchakarma treatments.
Can a normal person without any diseases have Panchakarma treatments?
Yes, even a healthy person can have Panchakarma treatment for proper health maintenance for a long time.
Can I do Panchakarma myself?
Self medication is dangerous, be it any medicine system. Panchakarma is a job of the specialist. Hence it is to be had under the supervision of an expert Ayurvedic doctor.
Does it require hospitalization? Do I need to get admitted to Ayurvedic hospital to have Panchakarma treatment?
You need not necessarily get admitted to Ayurvedic hospital to have Panchakarma treatments. You can come to the Ayurvedic clinic / Ayurvedic hospital when the Ayurvedic doctor calls you and go back home after finishing the treatment.
Can I go to work, while I am on Panchakarma treatment?
What are the preparatory procedure to Panchakarma treatment ?
There are very simple preparatory procedures to Panchakarma treatment like correction of digestive power, etc, which your Ayurvedic doctor will explain you in detail.
What are the post Panchakarma procedure?
After undergoing Panchakarma treatment, there is a set of diet and lifestyle rules to be followed for a period of 3 – 7 days to enjoy the maximum benefits of Panchakarma.
Does Panchakarma alone will cure disease?
By Panchakarma treatment, more than 50 – 60 % of Ayurvedic treatment gets completed. But to treat the disease completely, Ayurvedic medicines will be required for a specific amount of time.
Do I require to undergo all the five Panchakarma procedures?
- If you are suffering with a disease and your doctor decides on a one or two of the five Panchakarma treatments, then that is sufficient.
- If you are a healthy person, then consult a doctor and get his advice. In most of the cases, not all the five are required.
- Usually one or two Panchakarma treatments are advised.
How long a total Panchakarma therapy course may take?
Depends upon your health, disease condition and doctors advice – usually 5 – 15 days.
Generally who can not have Panchakarma therapy?
Pregnant woman, kids, elders – are advised not to have Panchakarma treatment.
For a healthy person, what are the benefits of Panchakarma?
For a healthy person, Panchakarma treatment helps to
- Maintain, gain weight or lose weight (based on the person’s needs),
- To get rid of pimples or other seasonal skin infections
- To get rid of seasonal respiratory conditions like common cold, fever etc.
- Improve immunity
- Helps in rejuvenation and relaxation.
- Helps relieve from any body toxins, free radicals etc.
- Improves the health of sense organs.
- Supports normal hormonal balance etc.